The team currently consists of young, talented individuals from around the world. Because this is a virtual team, one can be based anywhere around the world! Hover over a team member's photo and click About to read more about them! Click here to read more!
Time Commitment: 5-15 Hours / Week
Pay (Monthly): $100 ~ $500
Have you ever dreamed of joining an indie game studio where everyone can make a large impact on the development of a game? Unlike the AAA game companies that have you working on a lamp post or walls, Rice Games is a team that provides everyone with the opportunity to not only do what they can do best, but with opportunities to work with various different facets of game development (story-writing, level design, dialogue, programming, etc.). Note that this position starts off as an internship to test the waters and see what you are capable of. This internship will last 1-2 months and whether or not you make it onto the core team will depend on the type of gameplay mechanics you are able to make during this period.
• Intermediate to Advanced background with Unity
• Intermediate to Advanced background with C++ or C#
• Intermediate background with Data Structures & Algorithms
• Intermediate understanding of game design & college-level mathematics
• A portfolio website and GitHub account with previously-worked-on games
• Active on the internet (response time of < 8 hours)
• PayPal or Venmo for receiving payments
• Past internship experience at other software or video game companies
• Experience and interest in deep learning / Python
• Fan of any of the following series: Fire Emblem, Shin Megami Tensei, Etrian Odyssey, Kingdom Hearts, Nier, Persona, Okami, 999 Series, Danganronpa
• Past projects where you actually worked on a team and contributed to a product that is either nearly complete or complete.
• Proficient in two or more languages (Bilingual)